There are several criteria that are considered to determine if you qualify for bariatric surgery and if it is the right thing for you.
1. Am I morbidly obese?
You are considered morbidly obese if your Body Mass Index (BMI) is over 40 (about 100 lbs. overweight) or if your BMI is over 35 (about 75 lbs. overweight) and you have severe health problems related to the weight such as hypertension, diabetes and sleep apnea.
2. You make the commitment to a lifestyle change and follow-up with our team.
3. You have not been successful with other weight-loss programs.
4. You are over the age of 18.
5. You have no uncontrolled psychological conditions.
6. You do not abuse alcohol or use illegal drugs.
7. Ideally, you have the support of your family.